Leads groups were designed to help members grow their customer base through a supportive referral network. These relationships are designed to benefit both partners, while increasing their marketing reach through providing quality referrals and collaboratively supporting each members business.
Below is a list of the Leads Groups within the Network. Please contact the respective moderators (listed below) in advance if you would like to visit a group.
For more information about Leads Groups, contact Janice Holmes or 720-399-5651
|Tuesday 8:00 AM
Garrison Street Grill
608 Garrison St,
Lakewood, CO 80215
Lee Lusk, PEI Insurance
|B2B Leads Group, Tuesday 7:30AM
(1st & 3rd Tuesday of each month)
Great Western Bank
215 Union Blvd, Suite 150
Lakewood, CO 80228
Kyle Grivette, AAA Building Maintenance
|South Jeffco Leads Group, Tuesday 12:00PM
(1st & 3rd Tuesday of each month)
Raccoon Creek Golf Course
Grove Restaurant (Main clubhouse)
7301 W. Bowles Ave.
Don Thompson, Kaiko Studios
|Westside Professionals, Wednesday 9:00am
2nd & 4th Wednesdays, 9:00-10:00am
The West Chamber
1667 Cole Blvd, Bldg 19, Suite 400
Lakewood, CO 80401
David Head, Head Insurance Group
|Wednesday 11:45 AM
10350 W. Colfax Ave, 80215
Group meets in conference room behind bar.
Stefan Magyar, Ink It Over
|Thursday 7:30 AM
Corporate Office Images
355 South Teller Street, Suite 200
Lakewood, CO 80226
- Free parking available in the lot north of Dick’s Sporting Goods.
- The entrance is near the small US Bank sign - take the elevator to the 2nd floor.
Jo Luttrell, Corporate Office Images
|Thursday 11:45 AM
Meetings are being held at various locations in Lakewood as the group looks for a permanent meeting space. Contact Billy to find out the exact location.
Billy Downs, BF Borgers CPA PC
|Friday 7:30 AM
Colorado Talking Book Library
180 Sheridan, Lakewood, CO 80226
Suzanne Smith, Food For Thought Catering
|Platinum Connections, Friday 8:00AM
(2nd & 4th Fridays)
8:00 - 9:00 a.m.
Shine Dental Arts
8906 W. Bowles Ave., Ste#110
Littleton, CO 80123
Kristina Kefalas, Payroll Vault
Leads Groups Policies & Procedures
You must be a West Chamber member at a qualifying level of membership to participate in the Leads Network.
Only members in good standing may participate. Chamber membership must be current to participate in the Leads Network. If you fall behind on your Chamber membership investment and haven’t made payment arrangements with a West Chamber staff person you may be asked to leave the group.
- All current Chamber members may visit each group up to two times as a guest before joining the group provided their industry/category position is open in the group.
- Guests (non-chamber members) may choose one leads group to visit and can visit the chosen group twice before becoming a member of the West Chamber. Once you are a West Chamber member you are free to visit all groups that have an opening for your industry/category.
- Only one member per profession or specialty can be in a group. Each member of the group represents one area of business expertise and enjoys industry exclusivity within their group. Some industries offer multiple types of services, example: insurance companies offer more than one type of insurance coverage. The types of coverage are broken into segments to allow multiple people to participate in each group. Example: 1.) Home, auto, life. 2.) Commercial insurance. 3.) Health & disability. 4.) Supplemental insurance. This is only an example of how each group might distinguish between the industries that offer more than one area of expertise. Please speak with the West Chamber staff liaison for more information.Some members may own more than one business and have separate chamber membership for both. They are allowed to promote both businesses in their leads group provided the group members agree it’s a good fit.
- A West Chamber Member’s business is eligible to be represented in up to (3) groups within The West Chamber Leads Network. This is contingent provided the business has obtained the appropriate membership level. Please check with the West Chamber staff liaison if you are unsure about your level of membership.
- Schedule & Location changes
It is the responsibility of The West Chamber staff to locate and secure space for the leads groups. We value your time as business owners. If for any reason the space your leads group meets is no longer available, please contact The West Chamber immediately so a staff person can assist you in finding a new space. Every attempt will be made to accommodate the personal preferences for locations and food choices while maintaining the main focus of a thriving, active leads group.
Moderator Terms & Training:
Being a moderator of your leads group is a great way to gain additional visibility and exposure for your business as well as taking a leadership role within the group. The moderator terms last either 3 or 6 months, depending on the preference of each group. You must attend a mandatory moderator training class prior to becoming a moderator.
Members are expected to behave respectfully to other members and guests at all meetings. The group is responsible for its member’s behavior and professionalism.
Examples of unacceptable behavior: Showmanship (stealing the spotlight from a presenter or speaker), being rude, bossy or disrespectful to guests or other group members, crossing industry boundaries, talking over speakers, talking out of turn, etc.
The group does not have to tolerate this behavior at any time. Please be respectful of your group members and support the moderator team in correcting a member who may be out of line.
The Moderator team will address any unwanted or poor behavior from a guest or group member. It’s up to the group to support the moderator team at all times and stand together against inappropriate behavior.
If the problem persists and the member does not correct their behavior they may be asked to leave the group. Protocol for asking a member to leave is as follows.
1.) Contact the chamber representative: Chamber will give 1 official written warning to member. If behavior is not resolved they will be officially asked to leave the group.
Attendance is critical to the success of your business and the group! A member must make a minimum of 9 out of 12-13 possible meetings in a quarter. It is important that members of a Leads Network make the commitment to be present at the weekly meetings for relationships to be fostered and leads to be exchanged in a timely manner.
If you know in advance that you cannot attend your leads group, please send an email to the group and let them know why you can’t attend. This is one way to continue to foster the relationships you’ve built and demonstrate your commitment to the group.
When a participant in the group falls below the required attendance policy, the Chamber will be notified by the moderator. If attendance is a habitual problem the member may be asked to step down from the group allowing a new member to take their place
LEAVE OF ABSENCE:
Often times, members incur deadlines, emergencies or heavy work volumes which don’t allow the member to attend the Leads Network during a particular time of year. The member must apply for a leave of absence in writing for four weeks. The formal request is to be given to the current moderator and the Chamber staff liaison. If the member needs more than four weeks, the member would have to reapply and it would be at the discretion of the Leads Group and the Chamber Representative to approve the request.
Uniformed Point Structure for all Chamber Leads Groups
The purpose of The West Chamber Leads Network is to generate qualified outside referrals. In efforts of motivation and support for this goal The West Chamber has designed an incentive program that will encourage members to engage and be actively involved in their groups.
An insidel lead (you pass a lead to a group member)
Bringing a guest to your leads group
Attending Chamber events (4 points if event is held at the same time as your leads group and your entire leads group elects to attend the chamber function)
One-on-One with another group member (one point each)
Qualified Outside Lead
Your guest joins your leads group
Business transacted from the lead
Qualified Leads/Referrals: The West Chamber encourages all members of the Leads Network to pass one qualified lead/referral each week.
A qualified lead/referral is defined as follows:
You have spoken to the potential lead/referral about the business you are promoting. They are expecting contact (email or phone call) from referred business. Please qualify all leads before you pass them to your group members. Remember, the main purpose of participating in your leads group is to develop new business leads and connections. Let’s work together to help each other grow and succeed!